meg...

Ingen vet hvor haren hopper, ingen vet hvor Lise stopper... Translation: No one knows where the hare jumps, no one knows where Lise stops.. :/

Friday, March 03, 2006

A world of lego

I attend a special school, where I'm working towards taking my GCSE's... Well, actually, it will be the Norwegian equivalent of GCSE. Without going into depth about why I stopped attending school, one could say that there are two sides to the story: One being that while I made the actual decision to quit school, it was due to circumstances that led to it happening. Anyhow, that's in the past - This blog is about the present!

My goal is to one day get into veterinary school: Getting into vet school is tough. I will need to work as hard as I possibly can. I can't afford to fail any of the topics! The best would be to get an A* in all my subjects; which is as good as impossible unless your name is Albert Einstein... Who in fact failed maths.

I'll probably sound like someone with an IQ of 160 when I say this, but school is at the moment the most boring place on earth. I can wait till I start attending college! ....
I'm almost 20 years old and life experience in its self has taught me most of what we learn in high school and i feel that I really ought to be learning more... I want some bigger challenges!

Chemistry, for instance! I want to learn all there is to know about chemistry.
Our world is so much more than what we can see: It's a fascinating while at the same time a scary place! ....

I can't say I'm a firm believer of God, but I like the idea of him existing. The thought of there not being anything more to life and earth that what it is, is frightening. Are the Buddhists right when they believe in reincarnation? Are we no more that what chemistry tells us? A world made of LEGO?

But it's true. We are all made of Lego, or should I be scientific and say atoms?
What has always been, will always be!

Scientists do all sorts of weird things in their labs, but there is one fact we can't change. We can't change what the world is made out, atoms. Only how they interact with each other, but they will always stay the same!

...... It's past midnight... My mind always gets complicated at this time of day! But, all I want to say is I LOVE CHEMISTRY! It is so fascinating how everything that makes the physical me, has once been a flower, a dinosaur, a rock and one day may even become a tree!

7 Comments:

  • At 3/3/06, Anonymous Mum said…

    How many subjects do you need to age an A* in to get into vet school, Lise? All you can do is try your best, and I know you'll do that.

     
  • At 3/3/06, Blogger Inglesia said…

    Ideally, i will need an A* in 8 different subjects, but I can survive with maybe two Bs! :P

     
  • At 3/3/06, Anonymous Mum said…

    In that case I'm wishing you trillions of lucky ions :)

     
  • At 4/3/06, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Yes, I agree it IS fascinating. I find it really amazing that we are all made up from the constituents of the initial big bang so, theoretically, we are all stars! I also find it fascinating to know that we are actually composed of much more space, or perhaps energy, than actual atoms.

     
  • At 9/3/06, Blogger Inglesia said…

    Kityoga: Hmm.. I’ve never thought of us as stars before, but that’s a good point actually! *scratches her head* What you said about energy... does that means that what psychics say is our aura, is in fact heat from our energy!?

    By the way, congrats with your gold medal in the Olympic for knitters!

     
  • At 27/3/06, Blogger KnitYoga said…

    Hi, Sorry I'm a very bad blogger at times. Meant to say thanks for your comment on my blog some time ago! Regarding your question about heat from our energy being our aura, that's a good question. I'm not an expert and I'm not sure that anyone can truly answer this anyway but, if you're interested in this sort of thing, you might want to google for Kirlian photography.
    Best wishes
    Hazel

     
  • At 30/3/06, Blogger Granimore said…

    I had to take chemistry as part of the curriculum for my degree, and I hated it. I love science and I thrived in my Anatomy and Physiology class, but chemistry was my least favorite science of all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home